I’m quitting the forum early tonight.

There are so many interesting posts on the forum but I have to get to bed earlier. The discussion of Dr. D.’s book starts next week and I’m not even 50 pages into it yet. If I make it in time tonight, I’ll read some before I turn off the light.

I overslept and didn’t have time to exercise. Not being able to see into the future, I went ahead and drank my usual water.

Food for today:

27.5 ozzies grapefruit juice
24 ozzies banana/mango/romaine smoothie
24 ozzies banana/spinach smoothie
The other half watermelon
One pint strawberries
A big bowl of Fred’s Mom’s Salad
Half a small avocado

And now, the rest of the story…

When I was drinking my breakfast smoothie, someone came in and said that the water line to the hospital had been cut by the people constructing the helipad and it would be several hours before it was fixed. I went to the bathroom but it wasn’t long before “Out of Order” signs were posted on all but one door. There were gallon jugs of water available but it did little more than stir up the mess. At one point, I went to the church and used the facilities. Since everything I eat is very juicy, I have to GO more often than I could today. Finally, I went to the nursing home. They have commodes with tanks there and they were being kept full so they would flush. I turned the water on at the sink (it had still been coming out in a trickle) and it gushed! I went back to the hospital and, lo! there was water there, too. That was about 3 this afternoon. I had the door open, the nurses’ station was maybe 10 feet away, and I flushed the commode. No one noticed. I finally called out to them that we had water. No one believed me. I flushed again and ran water in the sink. One of the nurses said to have it announced overhead that it was back on. There is a doctor who is just about certifiable and he got on the paging system and sang a little song about wonderful things and water being the most wonderful. I don’t remember all of it but it was a soulful little ditty. I went around and flushed all the employee and public commodes and one of the aides came behind me with something to sanitize them. Pitiful when the highlight of your day is flushing toilets, isn’t it?

MY CUTTING BOARD CAME! It’s beautiful! One of the workers saw it and was alarmed that it’s WOOD. I corrected her and told her it’s bamboo. Well, in either case, it could harbor bacteria. I told her I wouldn’t be cutting up dead chicken, dead pig, dead cow, dead fish, or dead lobster on it. She was still skeptical.

I ate my lunch on the patio. I failed to take my running shoes this morning. I’d gotten out a pair of socks and they are still sitting in the floor, ready to go. But they never went.

Before the water came on, I was considering leaving early but it turned out I stayed a little past time to come home. When I got here, I got some things out of the other fridge and headed to the house. I’d bought some mineral oil for the board and rubbed some on all the surfaces with a piece of cheesecloth. It glows! I’m so excited!

When I got the oil, I bought some canning lids, too. Not the rings. Just lids. My sister had given me some plastic lids several years ago and I didn’t use them much because they leak but, if I put a canning lid inside, that puts a stop to that problem. If I have more than one jar in my tote, I can put them lid to lid and they won’t clink together and break! What about me!

I had to break the board in so I made my salad with the last three Ataulfo mangos. The little mote that surrounds the working area is great for catching juice. I like the juice, too, so I poured it into the bowl with the rest of the stuff.

Twinkle was sitting at the front door, hissing up a storm. I didn’t know what was going on so I went to check. The neighbor cat was out there but left as soon as I walked over.

I’ve been tempted to turn on the a/c tonight. It’s 82 in here in the kitchen (good thing I don’t cook any more) and 78 in the living room. Outside, it’s 65. I have several windows open, including one in my bedroom. Hopefully, it will cool down considerably.

Well, folks, I’m going to let this be it for tonight. Good night to everyone, raw food eaters and cooked food eaters alike!

2 Responses to I’m quitting the forum early tonight.

  1. Valerie March 27, 2007 at 3:33 pm #

    Commodes and cutting boards and singing doctors. Sounds like you had quite a day. It’s great that you’re so upbeat about it all. I enjoy reading your blog.

  2. Tommie March 27, 2007 at 7:44 pm #

    Never a dull moment, especially with that certain doc around! And you’ll be featured tonight! Stay tuned!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.