The couple is watching TV and I’m blogging.

Can you tell? I meant to look at the clock so I’d know when they got here but I forgot to. My daughter had called about 2 to say that they were an hour to an hour and a half out so maybe it was 3:30 or 4. Doesn’t really matter. What matters is that they made it safely and they’re here!

I went to bed at 8:30 last night and was sound asleep when my daughter called to let me know that they were at their destination for the night. I probably sounded like I was drunk. I was mumbling and she could tell I’d been asleep. She sounded surprised that I was in bed that early. When I first went to bed, I turned on the massage pillow (it works but it’s a hassle because you have to turn it off and on inside a zippered pocket) and put it under my feet. I moved it up to my ankles, then my knees, and off. I took a Melatonin for insurance because I was so tired and wired, I could tell it was going to be hard to nod off. That’s the first one I’ve taken in many a moon. After my daughter’s call, it took me awhile to get back where I was before but I made it. I woke a little before 5 and got up a little after.

I did my usual Sabbath things like listen to the whole Sabbath School lesson from PineKnoll, study this afternoon’s section this morning, and read the devotionals online. Then I thoroughly fractured the Sabbath. I still had some things to put away plus I needed to finish vacuuming. I had 20 ozzies of OJ during that time.

The pastor had called but hadn’t left a message. I called him back and he asked if I could go by and pick up my friend from the nursing home. I hated to do it, but I had to tell him no. It was 30 minutes until I had to leave for church and I wasn’t even close to being ready. I was still in my grubbies.

I didn’t have time to eat anything. I chugged a glass of water, showered, dressed, and left. I got to the church with 10 minutes to spare.

The pastor had told me what the hymns were for today. I was thankful for that. I practiced “Good Christians, Now Rejoice”. It isn’t easy to play since it’s seasonal and doesn’t get used much. I still butchered it. The church service was long and interspersed with music (I only had to play what I usually play, though). I thought my daughter and SIL would beat me home but, as I’ve hinted, they didn’t.

When I got here, I made a four banana smoothie with a little water and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was a good pick-me-up. I changed clothes, put on Mannheim Steamroller’s Christmas music and was washing dishes when there was a knock on the door. There must’ve been several because my daughter said it was about time I got there. I gave my blessing to my SIL’s short hair and he said I do skinny well.

They were a little hungry so I made a nine banana smoothie with the same ingredients as before. They each had probably three bananas-worth and I had the smaller serving. It was coconut time when we got through with the smoothies. My SIL had never liked coconut growing up and he’d only sampled the young ones when my daughter would have them. And that isn’t often since they cost almost twice as much as I pay. He didn’t know about trying a whole one but I assured him it wouldn’t go to waste if he didn’t like it. Long story short, he liked it and he’ll give my daughter a run for her money with the two cases she’s getting tomorrow.

We were sitting at the table, talking about eating raw, when, what, and how, and they both gave me the best compliment a raw foodist can ever get–they said I look HEALTHY! Now, a person can be gorgeous, sexy, whatever, but if they aren’t healthy, the rest doesn’t matter a whole lot.

Oh, and another thing! My SIL said my daughter reads my blog religiously! I had to give her a hug for that. Some of the family members read it most of the time, my older son reads it now and then, but I don’t think my younger son has ever even seen it. Not that he should. He’s the one who thinks I need to eat “normal” food.

We all worked on the salsa/gazpacho. I made a little over a quart too much but better too much than too little. We had it (tomatoes/cucumber/onion/garlic/jalapeno/red sweet pepper/parsley/cilantro/sea salt) with green curly leaf lettuce. I didn’t have nori but the others did. I did have some dulse flakes in mine and it wasn’t bad. Not something I’d eat for fun and entertainment but it was decent.

Twinkle is going gaga over having three laps to choose from. She supervised the making of the beds, too. I was going to take care of my daughter’s but she came in and helped me plus she made up the futon for my SIL.

They were channel surfing, unaware that I have a DVR. I had my SIL look up The Food Hunter’s episode about durian. I need to get some out of the freezer so we can have it for breakfast. That should hold us awhile since we are Going Forth to Lay in Provisions.

My daughter came into the kitchen not long ago and was hungry. She ate half what the two of us did. She had a banana and thinks that will tide her over until breakfast.

I’ve gotten the durian out and put it in the fridge and I’m going to get myself to bed fairly close to 10 o’clock.

PS: My sister and her husband made it to Denver yesterday. Slow going but going! My Great Northwest sister and her husband will be going home tomorrow. They have power! Hooray three times!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.