Persimmon season is winding down.

I had an e-mail from Dario that said the remaining persimmons are softening on the trees so they wouldn’t ship well. I do like them soft but they’d be disentegrated by the time they stayed in the box for four days. It’s a sad time. Maybe next year the season will be a better one. I’m getting the final shipment but I wanted more after that. And more and more and more! I could immerse myself in persimmons and be happy. Next to good mangos, they are my favorite fruit. Actually, they could be a tie.

I woke a little after 3 this morning and I’ve been awake ever since. I stayed in bed until almost 4:30 and decided I would get up and get started on the day.

Needless to say, I had time to do all my exercises. Breakfast was OJ and a four banana/persimmon/romaine smoothie. I was wondering if persimmon pudding would keep well if made ahead of time so I experimented. I blended up three peeled persimmons, put all I could into a container, and what was left stayed in the blender.

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I did one lap around this morning and spent the rest of that break basking in the sun.

Snack time was three Clementines. Lunch was a banana/red leaf lettuce smoothie and the persimmon pudding I’d made this morning. It had held up very well so I’ll make it at home on Wednesday and not have that to do at work. I had a few bites of kim chee, too.

My afternoon walk was three laps. It felt so good in the sun! I hear that tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. Actually, it’s just a chance. We’ll see. The high today was 66 degrees in town, 57 here at home.

I was the mail/bank person both this morning and this afternoon. I got some bananas and mangos while I was out.

When I got home, I killed my daily coconut then put the finished kim chee in jars and stowed them in the fridge. Of course, I had to sample it.

I was going to eat my supper of tomatoes with Tajin (I found out today that it’s pronounced tuh-HEEN) and a salad and then get started on food for the office party for Wednesday but it wasn’t to be. While I was eating my tomatoes, my friend in the nursing home called and talked longer than usual. I finished the tomatoes after we hung up. Then my son called and offered to Skype me through to my sister in the Great Northwest. Of course, I couldn’t turn that down. I told him to let me fix my salad and I’d call him back. I hurried and got it ready (romaine, red leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and cashew dressing) and made good on my promise. He got us connected and left us to visit. My granddaughter is feeling puny and was asleep in another part of the house. We could hear her parakeets making their usual racket. I munched on it while we visited and I think I ate it too fast. I was determined to have a salad, though, since I’d not been able to for I don’t remember how many days. Finally, the connection went down but we’d had a good long visit.

I’d like to add some more to the raw foodist page but I’m out of more than the occasional idea. If anyone can suggest anything, I’d appreciate it. Just think of what you do now that you didn’t used to or what you don’t do now that you once did and you’ve got it!

I am understandably sleepy so I think I’ll go to bed. Good night!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.