Much of the day was drizzly and yucky.

It started out fairly dry, after raining a lot last night. It had started right at dark. I figured the Trick or Treaters would have a wet time of it.

I slept well and was going to get up and do my vision therapy. All of a sudden, it hit me that I was supposed to be at work an hour early. I got out of bed and got started on getting ready to go.

Breakfast was a banana/mango/spinach smoothie. I had to take it with me and I drank it during class.

The only other things I’d taken were two D’anjou pears. I waited until a little before lunch and shared them with the others in the office.

I hadn’t walked this morning because I needed the time to work since I was leaving early. It had started raining a steady rain just before I left.

I’d stopped by the house and got an old towel so I could put the arrangement in the car to work on it. When I got to the cemetery, my sisters were already there.

We got out with our umbrellas and there were hugs and kisses all around. Inspection of the existing arrangement had my sisters deciding that it was in surprisingly good shape and would do until the weather will be better. I’ve been nominated to replace it whenever that happens.

My oldest sister wanted to walk around and look at some of the other stones. The rain came down harder and harder. We took some pictures, looking like the Morton Salt Girls. I was about in misery, needing to go to the bathroom so we finally kissed good-bye and parted.

I came right on back home. If I’d gone back to work, I would have been able to get in maybe another hour. I’d left instructions and told everyone I’d see them tomorrow.

After I dashed to the bathroom, I had Apples with Snow. Later, I had some kim chi and some kim chee. Then I had tomatoes with Tajin. I had sat down and was completely relaxed for the first time in a long time and I started drifting off to sleep. Dr. G. said, in the Perfect Health Program, if that happens, it’s because the body is sleep deprived. I took myself to the bedroom, crawled into bed, and took the first nap I can remember for ‘way over a year except for when I wasn’t feeling well last week. I slept for probably an hour and a half.

When I woke, I got a coconut I’d grabbed on the way in. It was still raining so I got a small square of plywood and used it to put the coconut on to slaughter it. It was another very young one and it was yummy! Which reminds me–the other person at work who likes them was telling me that she had opened up her last one yesterday. She didn’t have time to finish the water when she needed to run to town. She came back and finished it, then broke it in half to get to the meat. There was a little slug inside that had found it impossible to resist. She was just about sick. Rather than wash it and use the meat, she threw it away. I probably would have, too. Slugs are really bad out here on the mountain but I have yet to have them inside the house.

I fixed the rest of my pre-torn lettuce into a salad with cucumber, tomato, and cashew dressing. Seems I want heavier stuff in the colder months. Summer makes it so easy to eat lots of fruit. I’ve had some more kim chee, too. I need to learn to make my own.

It’s after 10 and I do need to get to bed. I’m sure I won’t have any trouble falling asleep.

Good night!

2 Responses to Much of the day was drizzly and yucky.

  1. Pryam November 2, 2006 at 10:40 am #


    please tell us about the kim chee! i have heard from Roger and others that fermented foods are not so great. most of these foods when purchased, unless making them oneself, are not raw. but i am excited to have have found a local RAW organic producer of fermented foods. i even made sure to speak with the owner myself! so i have been eating these foods regularly.

  2. Tommie November 2, 2006 at 11:21 am #

    The kim chee I get is from the Asian market I frequent. It is raw. Kimchee is traditionally raw unless it is incorporated into stirfry. I have been looking at recipes so I can make it myself. I can also get an organic salt-free raw kim chi from the organic market. It cost lotsa dollars, though. I’d say for you to make up your own mind whether to use it or not. I may not be more healthy when I eat it but I do feel better.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.