I have been trying off and on all day to get a key picture uploaded and it just isn’t working. My daughter suggested that I upload it somewhere else and link to it but I’m just stubborn enough to want this to work. Until I can, the pictures that I have promised will remain unviewed except by me.

I do have some pictures of my food if that will be any consolation. Like my papaya.

Almost Football Size

It’s in a large basket with some plums. As you might be able to see, it’s almost football size.

Cut Papaya

This is, obviously, after it was cut. The flash washed it out a little. It’s a darker color than the way it shows up.

Smoothie Ingredients

My lunch smoothie ingredients from yesterday: bananas, papaya, and romaine lettuce.

Finished Smoothie

And this is the smoothie, ready to eat. You don’t drink a smoothie, really. You sip it and “chew” it before you swallow it. Or I do. If you drink it, it goes to your stomach with a most important step missed–mixing it with your saliva. The saliva begins the process of digestion.

Now, to today. I got up later than usual. This was measuring day and I found that I’d gained a little around the waist. Not much. I think it was around a quarter of an inch. I did all of my exercises.

Breakfast was OJ and a banana/papaya/spinach smoothie. Later, I had a mango–one of the ones from the supermarket and it wasn’t as good as the one I had yesterday from the Asian market.

I wasn’t able to get outside today. It was overcast until too late for the sun to hit where I wouldn’t be exposed to the world at large. The rain came down now and then, too. We need it so that wasn’t a bad thing. I checked on my basil, dill, and sage. The dill was flooded so I drained the water off. It went okay with the first planter box but the dirt and plants came out with the second. I scooped everything up and replanted it.

My daughter called and we had our weekly visit. Their container garden is doing well and they should have lots of ripe tomatoes soon.

Lunch was a banana/romaine smoothie, a cucumber, and some tomatoes with lime juice. I wasn’t going to put any Tajin on them but I broke down, finally, and did it. I had some plums, too.

I worked in the kitchen and did laundry plus tried and tried to get the pictures to the blog. It’s been a lost cause.

Supper was watermelon, corn, and half a small avocado.

Since I have a year of eating this way, I decided that the time has come to set up my own forum. If you want to check it out, go to Raw Food Lifestyle. There are only two members so far and one message–from me. I guess all the groups started out that way. I set it up for people who want to follow a simple raw food lifestyle to have a place to share their experiences, tips, tricks, and questions. This won’t be the kind of forum that is a “recipe swap”. There are more than enough of them out there. If it sounds like something you’d be interested in, come join!

And now I’m going to bed. Tomorrow it’s back to work!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.