Twinkle slept on my bed again last night

Twinkle slept on my bed again last night but I never knew it until I would get up to go to the bathroom. Maybe she is behaving better since her diet change.

I got up before the alarm went off this morning so I had plenty of time to exercise my eyes and body.

Breakfast was OJ, a persimmon, and a banana/romaine smoothie. Gotcha! You thought it would be blueberry, didn’t you?

I mixed up some pesto and put Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms in the dehydrator before I went to work. My daughter has made them several times and really likes them.

When I got to work, the system was experiencing a slowdown. I waited for three hours for it to come back up and came home. I hadn’t gotten Christmas cards made to give to the other departments so I took care of that.

I had a cherimoya and some Egg Nogh for lunch. I’m still not crazy about the EN. Then I had some potato “chips” and a raw potato. Somewhere in there, I had some OJ, too.

Later on in the afternoon, I had my bowl of tomatoes and then lit in on the mushrooms. I must’ve eaten eight and even though they were small, they are rich. I don’t think I want anything else today.

I had an e-mail from the man at cherimoya.com about the fruit I’d ordered and we’ve settled on his sending me a mixed box with cherimoya, white sapote, dragon fruit, and a few persimmons that he said were left on the tree. There weren’t enough to say they were available but he knows how much I like them. It will be $10 plus shipping.

Another e-mail came in from my contact for the co-op. She had picked up a box of fuyu in Atlanta and asked if I wanted it. It’s $7 for 15 persimmons. Do birds fly? Do fish swim? Does the bear–well, you get my drift. So…I will eventually be well stocked with fuyu.

The transit strike is over and I’m sure my daughter is relieved.

My sister in NC had been without power for several days but she’s back in business now. My other sister who lives about an hour north kept the rest of us updated on what was going on. All the food in the freezer was lost except for applesauce and strawberries. That’s a catastrophe.

I was going to catch up on logging my food but there’s a week’s worth and I’m not going to do that tonight. Later, dudes and dudettes!

6 Responses to Twinkle slept on my bed again last night

1. Vegan Momma December 23, 2005 at 8:27 am #

I’m going to have to try the cherimoya. Were the potato chips made with jicama? Several months ago I made raw ‘fried’ onion rings that were delicious and definitely better than the real thing. I never liked the real fried onion rings.

2. Tommie December 23, 2005 at 9:13 am #

The chips are potato chips. I used Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled them, and put them through my Chip Shot. Then I soaked them in lemon juice and water, drained them, and put them on the dehydrator trays in a single layer. I sprinkled them with a mixture of sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutritional yeast flakes (not raw). I left them in the dehydrator for a full day. They aren’t delicious but they have crunch. I might try chips with jicama. I’ve seen recipes for “french fries” with jicama.

What’s the recipe for the onion rings? My daughter made some and didn’t like them at all.

3. Vegan Momma December 23, 2005 at 4:13 pm #

I’ll send you the recipe when I find it. I wrote it down. I have it buried in my online recipe files. I started writing down what I put in my recipes so I won’t forget.

I have not eaten potatoes raw. I will have to try those. I actually thought about running one through my juicer a few minutes ago.

4. Tommie December 24, 2005 at 7:49 am #

EEEWWWWWWW! That would be terrible! Slice it thinly (maybe 1/8″) and rinse it off. Either sprinkle with sea salt or let it soak in salt water for a few minutes and then eat it. If you put it through the juicer, you would have potato water and it’s the crunch you’re going for. I have been eating raw potatoes all my life. My mother would be slicing them and would pop a piece in my mouth. Sometimes, I would slice up my own.

5. Vegan Momma December 27, 2005 at 8:39 am #

LOL, I meant I was adding it to my juicer. I juiced carrot, ginger, and cabbage juice. I thought it might tone it down.

I never even though about eating a potato raw. I will definitely have to try this!
    Thanks for the tips.

6. Tommie December 27, 2005 at 9:13 am #

I don’t juice except for citrus and I don’t think potato would go with that. 🙂